The Eight Verses of Thought Transformation (Tibetan root text by Langri Dorje Senghe) translated by Lama Rinpoche
I went to this lecture and it was amazing, and thought provoking…
- Determined to obtain the greatest possible benefit from all sentient beings, who are more precious than a wish-fulfilling jewel, I shall learn to hold them most dear at all times.
- When in the company of others, I shall learn always to consider myself the lowest of all, and from the depths of my heart hold others dear and supreme.
- Vigilant, the moment a delusion appears in my mind, endangering myself and others, I shall learn to confront and avert it without delay.
- Whenever I see beings who are wicked in nature and overwhelmed by violent negative actions and suffering, I shall learn to hold such rare ones dear, as if i had sound a precious treasure.
- When, out of envy, others mistreat me with abuse, insults, or the like, i shall accept defeat and offer the victory to others.
- When someone whom I have benefited and in whom I have great hopes gives me terrible harm, I shall regard that person as my holy guru.
- In short, both directly and indirectly, do I offer every happiness and benefit to all my mothers. I shall learn to secretly take upon myself all their harmful actions and suffering.
- Undefiled by the stains of the superstitions of the eight worldly concerns. may I , by perceiving all phenomena as illusory, be released from the bondage of attachment.